Friday, October 5, 2012

To Sydney and back again!

Road trip! I love road trips so much! 
Hubby is a Sydney boy originally, so this means we try to make a trip back at least once a year.
It's always been a fun thing to do, but it's even more special now we get to take Ellie to spend some time with her YeYe and NaiNai. She is their first grandchild, being as Rei is an only child, and although we video call them every Sunday, they do miss out on a lot of seeing her grow up. So it's always a special time seeing them together in person. I absolutely adore my in-laws, which helps. I can't imagine what it must be like for people who don't get along with their in-laws.

Reading a bedtime story with NaiNai

Come on YeYe, let's go outside!
As well as Rei's parents, a trip to Sydney also means seeing Rei's school friends, who are absolute barrels full of awesome.
Ellie with Aunty Minyi and Uncle John (who is one of her Godfathers)
What do parents do when they get to catch up with friends sans child? MINI GOLF!

Rei and John.

High Tea. Hooray!

Cheers!
And I get to catch up with my cousin and her little family, who are obviously amazing because they're related to me. This time we visited the aquarium!
My lovely cousin and I.

Look Mama, fish!

I'd like this in my house.

Touching all the shells. Very exciting stuff. 

I also got to meet a wonderful group of ladies and babies from the Sydney region that I met via the Huggies website when I was pregnant with Ellie. I've already caught up with the Melbourne girls and bubs twice since having Ellie, so it was nice to meet some others. The group has been an amazing source of advice and support for me and we've all become quite close via our Facebook chats.
Us and our July 2011 bubs at Olympic Park

.
Weeeee, horsie!

We also got to enjoy some sunshine while away, which was nice after Melbourne's artic winter this year. Although I must admit, Melbourne weather has lifted it's game upon our return. Perhaps it's worried we'll leave it for a sunnier city?

And we had to do something touristy on the way home and visit The Dog on the Tuckerbox. Rei and I stopped there back when we were making our very first trip to Sydney together in 2008 for me to meet Rei's parents for the first time.
Rei back in 2008

Rei and Ellie 2012
How times have changed!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You're so famous, Mel. I doubt you'll be able to walk down the street without being recognised now!

      Delete
  2. You have a beautiful family! You must be very proud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Carli. I'm very thankful for my little family. Hoping I can add more love to it soon. I love your big family, it must be so much fun!

      Delete